The Joint Council of Parishes is the highest decision-making body in the Espoo Church.
Chairman Stig Kankkonen
There are 60 members in the council representing the local parishes:
- The Swedish Parish in Espoo 7
- The Espoonlahti parish 10
- The Cathedral parish 15
- The Leppävaara parish 9
- The Olari parish 10
- The Tapiola parish 9
The Joint Parish Council
- approves the budget and the financial statement and determines the level of church tax
- establishes new positions
- makes decisions about building projects or purchases of buildings or land
The resolutions of the Joint Council are prepared and carried out by the Joint Parish Board.
"The goal of the Espoo parishes is to kindle and cherish faith and love in people's hearts and to create prerequisites for living as a Christian."
Mission statement of the Espoo parishes