The Joint Council of Parishes is the highest decision-making body in the Espoo Church.
Chairman Heikki Sorvari
Vice-chairman Paula Viljakainen
Secretary Maija Heinonen
There are 61 members in the council representing the local parishes:
- The Swedish Parish in Espoo 7
- The Espoonlahti parish 10
- The Cathedral parish 16
- The Leppävaara parish 9
- The Olari parish 10
- The Tapiola parish 9
The Joint Parish Council
- approves the budget and the financial statement and determines the level of church tax
- establishes new positions
- makes decisions about building projects or purchases of buildings or land
The resolutions of the Joint Council are prepared and carried out by the Joint Parish Board.
"The goal of the Espoo parishes is to kindle and cherish faith and love in people's hearts and to create prerequisites for living as a Christian."
Mission statement of the Espoo parishes
The Joint Parish Board 2019–2020
The Joint Parish Board is the executive body governing the administration in the Espoo Church. Its fourteen members are elected by the Joint Parish Council for a period of two years.
Chairman Kalervo Salo
Vice-chairman Outi Krause
Secretary Päivi Villberg
The Parish Board
Each parish is governed by a Parish Board, the members of which are elected by the members of the parish in local elections every four years.
The tasks of the Parish Board are to
- manage the affairs of the parish
- promote the spiritual life of the parish
- decide on the use of parish funds
- give statements concerning matters to be decided by the Joint Parish Council
- decide on the recruitment of church staff with the exception of the vicar
- decide on the premises to be rented for parish activities
- decide together with the vicar on the use of the parish church.